Friday, May 17, 2013

Sexy Metal

In this post I'm going to share you with you how I feel about a certain car manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz. How do I have an affiliation with the 3 pointed star?  To start that story, lets go back to the year 2007. I'm currently attending Universal Technical Institute in Phoenix, AZ. Before my graduation date from the automotive program, I had decided I would apply for an advanced manufacturer specific brand program. Gaining entry to the Mercedes specific program required an automotive knowledge test which I passed with a 96% score. Another stipulation of accepting entry to the program was moving to a campus with the facility required for such education. The closest campus was Rancho Cucamonga, CA. I moved there and began attending the Mercedes-Benz specific training for 4 months. During that time I ate, breathed, and slept everything related to the company, knowing that upon completion I would be thrust into the work force. So why am I telling you all of this? Because as I began to pick up and get serious about photography, I had some VERY attractive subjects right in front of me. During my time with the brand I gained an appreciation for the finer things in an automobile, the attention to details. When I crashed my beloved Mazda RX-8 I had a few options regarding the purchase of my next vehicle. If I was going to get another sports car it would have been a toss up between another RX-8 and a Honda S2000. After quite a bit of thinking my logic came to me that I needed a reliable sedan to do everything, so my next car can be the crazy sports car I've always wanted.  Knowing I would need a suitable replacement for my outgoing Mazda, I quickly turned to what I knew best, Mercedes-Benz. After ALOT of searching, calling, and going over paperwork I found the car I wanted. The trip to Phoenix, AZ to pick it up was well worth the wait. I ended up getting a 2000 Mercedes-Benz E430. Overall, I've been extremely satisfied with my purchase so far. When people ask me if I like my Mercedes it's a bit of silly question, I don't like it, I love it. Over the years I've been fortunate enough to drive, work on, and shoot some really cool cars. This one goes out to the sexy metal on the roads. Thanks for stopping by.

2000 Mercedes-Benz E430

Steering wheel

My old RX-8. R.I.P  Gone but not forgotten

Eric's RX-8 with mine

Friday night wash

My RX-8 with an FD RX-7

They will be mine

RX-8 interior

Steering wheel

LA days

Possibly the sexiest wide body FC RX-7 I've ever seen

Dat Supra ass

Legend in it's own right. AE86 Corolla

Z

10 second 69 Dodge Dart

Got Boost?

WRX

Rare M3

Euro vs JDM?

Immaculate custom 63 Impala



M3


Ferrari 360 Modena interior

This thing was absolutely ridiculous on so many levels


Dodge Challenger


Old ass Police car

The 911 Turbo has been iconic for many years

Porsche 911 Turbo



Huge brakes,  huge wheels,  huge power, and huge fun

SL65 Black Series

Da Boss' car



Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG


$12,000 dollar brake upgrade

Le Chao has many talents. Removing and repairing engine from a C-Class
Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment