Saturday, May 25, 2013

Casting Call

This past Sunday I had the privilege of shooting my first casting call for YourPinUps. When I think about it, the first time I was introduced to the lovely ladies at YourPinUps, it was at a casting call. At that point in January I was not quite as known within the Tucson photo industry. It's currently May and I can firmly say I think a few more people know who I am and what I can do. As with any art form, the more you do it the better you become at it. Rewind to the beginning of 2013, I remember telling myself that this year was going to be a big change, a year I would challenge myself, and take the next step in my photography. Sunday went really well and everyone had a great time. My lighting setup consisted of two Photoflex Starflash 650w strobes, combined with either a 6 inch come reflector and silver reflective umbrellas. One of the shots was a large group photo of all the ladies on the bar. For that particular photo I used one of the Starflash strobes to the left of camera about 7 feet tall, with only a 6 inch cone reflector. Another Starflash strobe was used to the right of camera about 7 feet tall, with a 42 inch reflective umbrella attached. Lastly, a large white reflector was used to bounce some of light coming from camera right onto the background. I felt using the reflector was the final touch to the lighting, creating some seperation between the models and the background, considering I did not have a third strobe.  Ever since I acquired my Photoflex Starflash strobes I have been nothing but impressed by their operation, reliability, and durability. It just goes to show how much you can accomplish with a simple two light setup and some reflectors.

All Photo on this post taken with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 lens mounted on a Canon T2i body


Group photo on the bar

1/200s,  F/8.0,  ISO 100

650w Starflash unit left of camera set to 1/2 power
650w Starflash unit right of camera set to 1/4 power




















Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment