Monday, May 5, 2014

World of Dance L.A. 2014

Earlier this month I had the opportunity to travel with some of my family to Los Angeles, California. Our mission was simple, attend and support my sister Kristina. My sister recently joined a hip hop dance studio here in Tucson. Considering she's pretty damn awesome at what she does, it was no surprise she immediately impressed. Those skills earned her a call up to the senior group, which would be competing against various groups at "World of Dance" in the city of angels. Upon arrival to the Los Angeles Convention Center it was painfully obvious this is a huge event. Parking was at a premium and the line to get in for a seat stretched nearly two blocks down the road. After slyly slipping our way into line (otherwise known as cutting) we made it inside to get a good seat. Up first would be the youth division, but don't let their age fool you, these kids can move. I sat up, walked around, and continued to shoot the event. As time went on I needed a break, wandering outside the convention center immediately sparked my interest in all the people. Needless to say, I took quite a few street photos. One drink of tequila at a local bar and I was back at the event, just in time for the adult division. While I am not a great dancer by any means, I can truly respect what the competitors were capable of, very impressive to say the least. All the groups had performed and it was time for the awards. My sister's group "The Drop Fam" did well on their second attempt, claiming 7th place overall. I can't begin to explain how proud I am of my sister. She got up in front of thousands of people and didn't miss a beat. Performing to such a standard under press takes big lady balls, mad props. The next day was spent relaxing with family at the beach, and lots of don. Overall, it was a great time and I can't wait to get back to my second home. The city of angles shines bright with opportunity. Until next time

The Stage is set

World of Dance Los Angeles 2014



Jabbawockeez


One Love

Old Passions are hard to ignore

Downtown L.A.

Weenie Time







"The Drop Fam"

My sister did great, holding it down

A variety of costumes kept the audience entertained







This team is from Mexico city
 
Flips n Shit


Que Loco

Media Everywhere

Congratulations Kristina, You did amazing and everyone is proud of you

Fin







No comments:

Post a Comment