Sunday, June 2, 2013

High Key

Street shooting during the day, for me, is substantially different than my usual late night shooting. For one, there is obviously alot more light available. At night, considering the gear I have, I generally opt for an aperture of F/2.0 to account for less available light. During the day this is not a problem, I set an aperture of F/8 and have a much deeper depth of field. Resulting in a much different look to my night work. Being interested in a more natural look, in Tucson, it's ridiculous bright during the day. This brightness translates to a high key look in my day time street photos. As I've said before, I like to mix things up. This is a way for me shoot street, with different looks. This particular outing I was roaming the downtown and stepped into The Chicago Music Store. I am a big fan of art in any form, it allows self expression and showcases the talent of people. When I see the beautifully crafted  instruments on display, I can't help but appreciate the work that goes into making them. Not only from the assembly process but to the way musicians extract wonderful sounds out of them for people to enjoy. Overall a nice day out, and I managed to get some photos I was happy with. Until next time.

All photos on this post taken with a Nikon Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D mounted on a Canon T2i body










Personal favorite

Fin

No comments:

Post a Comment