Tuesday, February 5, 2013

City of Angels Vol. 2

My second day in LA was all about shooting. I woke up fairly early and decided to go for a walk and see what kind of photos I could get. The higher my power of observations becomes I find myself getting better photos and a higher percentage of keepers. I try to work on this every time I go shooting, think about your shots more and more yet act quickly because the moment doesn't last. During my walk I encountered a few different people who I was able to get photos of in completely different manners. After eating some lunch I headed south on the 110 freeway for San Pedro. I really like that area and it's atmosphere. Maybe one day ill find myself out there. Something I have been doing alot of recently is shooting from the car while driving. You do see alot of interesting things driving and I feel it's a solid way to go about that certain style. I arrived at Ports o Call harbor and was excited because I knew great images were just waiting to be had. Ports o Call is a place with tons of fresh seafood and stores for people to enjoy while they watch the boats go by. Some of my personal favorites from the trip came from my visit to Ports o Call so it's something ill always remember. As I left San Pedro I felt happy with the shots I was able to get. Following some rest began my cousin Victoria's sweet 16. I took a few photos during the event but my cousin Michael was all over the photos so I wanted to give him some space. After some time at the party I went with some friends down to Long Beach. We stopped at an Irish pub to get a few drinks relax. I spent some time walking around the area. I must say it's always fun being in a different place and just getting in the zone while shooting. Overall I would say I had an absolutely fantastic time in California and I can't wait to return to the City of Angels.

First shot of the day

Bokehlicious

To me this photo isn't about the boring valves. Its about how the red color on top of the green grass pops and the slight rain adds some texture

Torrance Fire Department

I saw these two guys talking and laughing outside starbucks so I had to introduce myself and ask if I could take their photo. They agreed

Hard at work

Rain drops

I like this photo because of the bright pink on top of the shiny black wet asphalt.

Skate or Die


All kinds of shit goes on here


Get your grub on


Crabs

Day and Night this place is always busy

After taking the first few photos. I had to ask if I could get one of him holding up a crab. He agreed

work work work


According to this gentleman this is tallapia with special garlic butter


Giant spider crab. He agreed to hold one up for a photo




Not to be outdone by the ridiculous fog that ruined my sunset photos. I went back to my old ways and improvised.

Ranchos Palos Verdes

Long Beach, CA

Kent's baby hands testing the minimum focusing distance of my 50mm. Bokehlicious!!!

The majoe tungsten lamps from the Wilmington refinery along with the heavy clouds caused some very cool colors in the sky at night.

Lester squatting like a main lander

No comments:

Post a Comment