Monday, March 24, 2014

Sleepless in Sedona

In January I had the opportunity to travel a bit north and spend some time in Sedona, AZ. It's a beautiful place that blends a bit of an old time feeling with a relaxing landscape. Sedona is known for its famous red rocks and various formations. I had set out to capture some landscape photos and simply explore the area. Having passed through the city before, I had an idea of what it looked like but had never set out to shoot with intention. An early morning departure meant a lot of time to take in the beauty that is Northern Arizona. First stop was a scenic pullout off the highway which provided a good view of the area. Walking around during the day proved to be enjoyable with a lot of different subjects to shoot. It should be noted if you intend to get out there, and get certain angles for your landscape photos, you're gonna put in work hiking. One stop was a church built into the side of a rock which happened to be really cool and had some interesting things to put in front of your lens. As lunch settled we decided to go to the airport for the sunset. The view from the airport lookout (off to the left of the road, hike up to the top of the rock hill) displayed the entire city of Sedona and was pretty amazing. Since it does happen to be a popular spot, it was quite crowded, but I did get some images I really enjoyed. After a long and tiring day it was time to call it a night, for a sunrise was next to shoot. One thing I preach often is make sure batteries are charged and have sufficient film/memory cards. Sadly, I forgot to charge my battery from the previous days and headed to the sunrise location with only sliver of juice. Luckily, I had my iPhone 5s, plus Vanessa is such a sweet heart. She let me use her Canon dslr so I could still shoot. Having just picked up a speedlite flash unit before the trip, I felt it was a perfect time to try it out in the field. I did some modeling and Vanessa shot away as the sun rose over the red rocks of Sedona. Overall I had a great time on this trip. I'll be returning soon to enjoy and shoot the area once more. Until next time

Sedona, AZ
The shadows/highlights remind me of yin and yang

Ridiculous house
Inside of Church (iPhone 5s)

Candles shot at F/4

Spotted this Jaguar E-Type sitting pretty

Sedona, AZ is known for being a spiritual place. Hikers take in the sunset

Famous red rock formations


Golden Sedona, AZ
Sunset


Sunrise pano shot with iPhone 5s
Delicious breakfast spot, highly recommended
Vanessa loves coffe
Breakfast served proper
Striking Statue
Water continues to amaze me
Often we simply need to slow down, breath, relax, and enjoy the things we have in life

Le Chao

1/100s,  F/9.0,  ISO 100

Fin








No comments:

Post a Comment