Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Control Freak

It's been a while since I've posted but that in no way means I've stopped shooting. The new year is already three months deep and it happens to be going very well regarding photography. The beginning of the year saw quite a bit of portrait time come my way. It was useful in that I had the opportunity to continue learning and controlling off camera flash. One thing I love about portraits is the versatility where you can shoot and in the way you can portray the subject. It's no secret I enjoy shooting outdoors near golden hour but I felt I needed to get more studio time under my belt. Being in the studio is all about total control as you can change every setting or angle. I know I certainly have a lot to learn in that aspect but that excites me as it is a challenge. I recently acquired some cheap Neewer Speedlites from Amazon to take flash on location. This has to be my favorite blend, the ability to mix natural light with artificial where you want/need it. I'm loving the portability so much I can't wait to get out and use them more. I'll start by showing the studio images then lead into some outdoor work. Until next time

Bodyscape with Vanessa


Alisha


Fiorella



Disa

Bianca


Kendall

Snow shoot with Vanessa on Mt. Lemmon



Sara for Vague Models


Leila


Personal Favorite

I had this image in my head for awhile, finally got out and realized it

Four light setup at 1/200s,  F/6.3,  ISO 100

Fin



No comments:

Post a Comment