Saturday, August 17, 2013

Southern Stunner

During the week I had the opportunity to work with a model I have never photographed before. Her name is Fiorella and she happens to be quite stunning. After talking for a bit before the shoot we decided to go with a simple yet stylish look. Fiorella arrived wearing black leggings, a black tank, and some black converse shoes. All of this would add up well for a bit of a lifestyle feel to these photos. While talking we decided to add in a skateboard and a fitted cap to round out the look. Working with someone for the first time can sometimes be a daunting task, especially when time isn't on your side. All the photos on this post were taken in less than an hour and a half. This is where your ability to read someone and figure out their best features/angles is extremely important. When it came to working with Fiorella, this was not a problem at all. This woman is truly amazing and she absolutely killed it during our shoot together. As soon as I began snapping some photos to get a correct exposure, I could tell we were onto something great. I can definitely say I've never worked with a woman so comfortable with herself in front of the camera. The first series of photos taken that day were at the infamous Tucson City Hall. This particular spot has been in countless skateboarding videos and I have personally skated the spot numerous times (I even got a ticket for skating there when I was 15). Second location was not very far at the Pima County Courthouse. The Courthouse has some cool architecture which makes composing images fun. Just a walk down some corridors provided us a cool bridge to shoot on with a backdrop of colorful buildings in the distance. Last spot for day would be a place I have been coming to more often lately, La Placita Village. It's a relaxed place with a nice gazebo that's perfect for taking photos. At the end of the day as I drove off, I couldn't help but think to myself. I knew Fiorella is Southern American and I had imagined she was going to be quite different from a lot of girls I've met before. What I found out while shooting is I couldn't have been more right. It's interesting when you work with someone who does so well at what they do, it compels you raise your own game, and do just as good a job. It's an action and reaction effect between artists where you feed off each other. Expect to see some more work with Fiorella in the future. Overall I had a great time creating art with an amazing model who is gorgeous, funny, and very different in a good way. What else could I ask for? Thanks for stopping by

All photos on this post taken with a Nikon Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D lens mounted on a Canon T2i body.


Introducing Fiorella

Personal favorite

Who doesn't like shooting at golden hour?

Famous Ledge

Can you tell I dig composition?


She's a natural

Clear Winner

Killed it


Fin




.

No comments:

Post a Comment