Thursday, November 15, 2012

Super telephoto power!!!

I must say the camping trip went very well overall and excellent in terms of photography. I had a great time with good friends and got to test out the Canon EF 300mm F/4L IS USM. This lens appealed to me for a few reasons really. Number one being the relatively low cost to rent one. Number two being its loaded with all sorts of good bits you want in a super telephoto lens. Superb optics, large aperture, auto focus, weather sealing, and image stabilization to name a few. Aside from camping I also took this lens to the local Reid park zoo where my good friend Syndenn Harmon works. I would go as far to say this is possibly the most hand holdable super telephoto on the market. It's no light weight at 2.6 pounds but you sure do get alot of performance to accompany that weight. All of the photos on this post are from the Canon 300mm F/4L IS USM lens and straight from camera with no photoshop. My next post will be a preview leading up to the big bike race this Saturday, the legendary El Tour de Tucson. Like always let me know what you think of the photos or if there is something specific you'd like to see. Thanks for stopping by



This lens simply melts away distracting backgrounds into creamy bokeh goodness

Nick and Sergio enjoying the warmth of the sun early in the morning


Nick's headshot


Two kids playing some footy




Staring contest with a cow


Wild fungus






Some random bro fishing it up







Personal favorite


I love the natural lighting on this shot







The only thing funner than shooting with this bad boy bazooka would be shooting a real one

No comments:

Post a Comment