Sunday, October 30, 2011

iCycle, October 29th


It's all about intensity. That was my thinking on this particular ride. Considering I didn't have the time for a 50+ mile ride. Plus I had some business to take care of at JJ's Bicycles. Last weekend I had ordered a new shimano 7 speed cassette for my rear wheel. I did this based on my conclusion I need better gearing for steeper grades. With that being said I took off to downtown on the aviation trail. Got to JJ's and the cassette was installed. Jose and I had a good discussion about helmets and he gave me a cyclists guide to traffic law. The cost of the traffic fines were way more than I had expected. With the new cassette and chain all set to go I took off down st mary's to anklem. The hill at anklem was alot of fun. From there I rode up starr pass blvd until I reached the awesome J.W. Marriott Hotel at the top. I love that hotel for a few reasons but my favorite has the be the free tequila shot and story at sunset. Last time I was there the tequila was a cinnamon flavor and the story was about Pancho Villa winning his father in law's permission to marry his daughter by drinking him under the table. After starr pass I decided to climb "A" mountain. I actually really enjoy "A" mountain as the climb up is gruelling but the ride down is adrenaline lined. After the two climbs I decided to call it a day as the sun was starting to set and I was feeling the effects of my "It's all about intensity" mode. Total distance was 35 miles after adding in what i didn't record on my tracks. Here's what I got along the way, and some pumpkins.

My stats:
Created by My Tracks on Android.
Total Distance: 41.10 km (25.5 mi)
Total Time: 2:28:39
Moving Time: 1:52:50
Average Speed: 16.59 km/h (10.3 mi/h)
Average Moving Speed: 21.86 km/h (13.6 mi/h)
Max Speed: 61.67 km/h (38.3 mi/h)
Min Elevation: 708 m (2324 ft)
Max Elevation: 862 m (2827 ft)
Elevation Gain: 477 m (1566 ft)
Max Grade: 9 %
Min Grade: -10 %
Recorded: Sat Oct 29 14:17:34 MST 2011
Activity type:













































No comments:

Post a Comment