Thursday, April 26, 2012

Finding out what it means

I know its been awhile but I feel like I should update. This post will be short as I simply wanna touch on a subject before I post about my recent trip to Texas. Ask anyone in photography, "What does photography mean to you?" You're likely to get so many different answers its incredible. When I first started shooting seriously back in 08 I was overwhelmed with the creative freedom. At the time, to me photography was about art, being creative, exploring, expressing yourself, and downright having fun. That's not to say I still don't feel that way, but I recently acquired a book made by TIME "Great images of the 20th century". As soon as I turned the first page I was instantly taken back and blown away. The power of each image was truly amazing, with each image a caption was provided. The captions were not meant to explain each photo but help understand location and the time. As I continued reading and examining each photo something became quite clear to me. Some of the images were either too dark or too bright or even a little blurry, but it didnt matter. What mattered was that exact moment in time was being captured. That's when it hit me, it doesn't matter what camera or what settings you're using. What matters is that your simply there and ready to hit that shutter button when the moment comes. Having your camera, being there, and being ready is the true battle in creating a great image. I can only hope in my lifetime I have the opportunity to capture such great events to share with the world. I would most certainly recommend this book to anyone who appreciates photography. Until next time. See ya

  

No comments:

Post a Comment